Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2018

My March Magic Journey


It seems that we have to fight damn hard for the things we want in life. The temptation to give up is strong. That or withdraw into a form of escapism for a while until we either recover or feel strong enough to try again. Many choose to just give up because the fight is just too hard. They then join in the flow of the mundane of every day at the mercy of it's tides and currents. 

I've come to a point in life where I believe it's perhaps not so much fighting against something as it is about unlearning what we have been taught growing up and accepted as truth. This unlearning is a battle. It can be isolating and a lonely path to walk on. But in the unlearning there is also the learning of something pretty amazing. We're not exchanging one prison of thought for another. This is about freedom. About becoming not who the world wants you to be but who you were born to be. The problem is, from the moment of your birth, the world has had it's own plans for you. What those caring for you thought was best was, in most cases, just debilitating and stunting your growth into being the best possible version of yourself. 

For example, "You need to stay in school, get a good education and if you do those things you will get a good job." Without getting into a debate, the school system is a model that convinces people that only certain topics matter and doesn't nurture their natural gifting. It's basically trying to produce sheep. 

Then there's the age old nurturing your child on fairy tales and father Christmas, only to one day break it to them that that period of life is over and they must now come to what is called reality, a totally new and horrible concept for them having been brought up with the idea that anything is possible and imagination is your super power! Toys must now be put away and work begins. I fought hard to keep my dreams but I was soon bullied out of that with the added horror of watching my most treasured possessions being thrown out.

So I've been on this journey of unlearning and becoming now for a few years. About five now to be exact. Before that I did what everyone else wanted me to do. I was being who they wanted me to be. It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life! 

Back in February, after seeing no progress, not even a hint, of my dreams coming to fruition, an idea came to me like a bolt out of the blue. I put pen to paper and started writing and writing and writing....until March Magic was born. I knew it was to share but I also knew it was for me. March Magic was a way for me to hold my focus everyday and not get distracted by the hardship of becoming. That transition takes time and I feel if we're not careful it also takes our focus off pursuing our dreams. The L.I.F.E course on Dream Create Journal is about becoming. March Magic is about focusing on our dreams, like a magnifying glass steadily focusing a beam of light, until something happens. 

So the first couple of days were good. They were great in fact! Magical moments happened. Ones that meant something for me personally. But then at the end of day three I felt as if I'd pissed off whoever it is that doesn't like the idea of us owning our power. Things started happening that normally triggers me into retreating. Actually, one night I did, only to wake up about 3am thinking what am I doing? And then deciding to fight back. 

A new kind of strength from within appeared. It was so small I wouldn't blame anyone for missing it. But I felt it. I told myself no matter what, I will fight for the right to be myself. 



When I wrote that I had had enough. When things come against you it is sign you're on the right track. If you keep retreating however and not learning from it or applying what you learn and face your fears, you will find yourself constantly facing this same battle. I am so familiar with it now I recognize it for what it is and know now I have to push through and stop retreating or it will repeat itself over and over again. 

I'm writing this on day 6 feeling a bit bruised but yet also feeling sense of achievement. So I took my own advice and got myself some flowers!


I'll be sure to keep updating you with my progress and check in with you all to hear about yours! 

Below is a short intro video to March Magic.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...