Pages

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Happy Mail Planner


As soon as I saw this month's kit I knew what I wanted to make with it. My old happy mail planner wasn't really serving me anymore. I wanted something that was a joy to come to and made planning my happy mail a happy experience! With so much in these kits it's not hard to make them go a long way! 

I began by making the essentials...the pages themselves which I needed to track my mail and record my penpals. For this I used watercolours, a micron pen, the stamp and stencil from the kit. Once I was happy with the master pages, I scanned and printed them. 



Next I moved onto the dashboards. I wanted something bold, so choose the bright patterned papers from the kit, decorating them using the stickers and embellishment card.


Now, if you are a subscriber, you will have noticed the small pack of beautiful sequins in the box. How could I not make a shaker dashboard. The problem is, my sewing machine really doesn't like making them anymore. So I got some thinner acetate and pushed my luck! It worked out...just!


Next I made a bookmark using the love heart embellishment to create a top tab.



I then added the envelope as a place I could keep stamps.


Using the twine, I created a very simple closure for the planner itself, decorating it with the charm. Both included in the kit.





I now have a beautiful, fully functional planner for my happy mail! I'm so pleased with how this turned out and cannot wait to start using it! Check out the bottom of this post for a flip through video!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...