Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2018

When You Feel Like You're Going Round In Circles...


In my last post I mentioned circles coming up a lot for me lately. When we allow ourselves to create freely, to be able to express our emotions through art, it can become a means of healing for us. But not only that, our art can actually become a means of speaking to us. This is what I've found recently.

Because I chose to not worry about what I'm creating each day for The 100 day Project, I have been, unwittingly, more open to allowing art to be a healing process for me. I felt really drawn to painting circles. For a moment I judged that. I thought, 'You can't paint circles everyday'. Next I began to write affirmations and thoughts on them. I then realised that my subconscious was expressing itself onto the page. Couple all this with being in tune with intuition and you have tapped into something really special! 

I found myself, as I was painting circles, actually going around in one, and it really upset me. I got so angry with myself. Why am I not learning my lesson here? Why do I end up back in this place time and time again? At the same time, I heard intuition tell me to pick up a book I had put down. Immediately it started speaking into my situation. But then I read a dialogue between a woman and her inner self and it was exactly where I was! I actually added the quote in my last post but it needs repeating here.


"You are stubborn. You are afraid to risk genuine change. But you have learned. Your circles are actually spirals. You will make the same mistakes until you see them so clearly that the patterns become separate from you. Then you will be able to choose the old patterns or not to choose it." 
As if on que it went on to answer my thought that I want it to happen immediately;  
"It is a process, and you are inside that process."

A Shift In Perspective 

All I needed what a shift in perspective! Oh my goodness the relief this brought! I've not being going around in circles per say. I've been going upward in a spiral. Each time I make the same mistake I make progress. Granted it's tiny but it's progress!! You see, I'm still moving towards my goals, and just because I repeat some of those mistakes doesn't mean I'm not getting anywhere. A time will come when I stop making them. Thank God!

This goes for everyone making their way towards their goals and repeating mistakes. One day, the lesson will be fully learned. Just go easy on yourself. Sometimes, all that is needed is a shift in perception!


Empowerment Spirals

So now I call these circles I'm painting, empowerment spirals. The painting looks like a circle. But with the added text, it is in fact a spiral and acts as a reminder that so long as we are making steps towards our goals, all the mistakes and cock ups we find ourselves repeating along the way, are not us going around and around, making zero progress. We are in fact going around but progressing upwards. We will learn the lesson eventually, forming new habits. But new habits are not formed overnight. Just don't allow these mistakes to stop you from moving forwards towards your goals. Or you will find yourself trapped in a circle. 

I hope you enjoy the video I made to accompany this blog; 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...