Pages

Monday 30 April 2018

MAYke Your Own Magic


In March, I posted a daily prompt in my Facebook group 'Dream Create Journal'. I gave it the title, March Magic. The intention behind it was to focus all our energy on one dream with the hopes of seeing it come to fruition. I enjoyed it so much that it was a joy to spend time in it each day. Just by editing the photos & writing the posts I felt utterly absorbed in the magic of it.

Then April came round and we were back to our monthly theme with one blog post per week from myself, Kelly, or Jeni. 

April, I completely nosedived. It was the lowest month of 2018 so far. I began to ask myself why. And why was it such a struggle to get myself out? Two answers came to me.

Perspective

As the month was coming to an end, I attended Cambs Planner Con, hosted by the lovely Anna, aka Mrs Brimbles. This took me away from the toxic environment and placed me slap bang in the midst of lovely, inspiring people/friends, and plenty of planner/journaling goodness! 


The energy was happy, fun, and creative. I soaked it all in. This, point number one, made me realise, that when I find myself hitting a low, and it's often down to my environment, I need to take myself away and gain a new and fresh perspective. To remind myself of the wonderful people in my life. Not to focus on upsets but to see the good. That might mean coming away, physically, from your situation and placing yourself in a different, happier, creative, positive, environment. Sometimes all it might take is a walk. That's why walking is good for your mental health. But then other times it may call for something more. Like traveling to see a good friend or visiting a place you adore!

Create Your Environment



This brings me to point number two. During March, I had created a very positive environment, regardless of what was happening with my neighbours (my biggest source of stress). I realised that through the focus of putting together the daily prompts and taking part myself, I had been creating, without sounding new agey or too sciency, a positive energy. And now at the risk of sounding cheesy too, each day was like I had blown up a colourful balloon and I would put them together, until, like the ones in the image above taken at planner con, my environment was filled with happy, positive vibes. 

I'm not saying it's a guarantee against bad things because we do experience trials as humans. However, I believe it is a deterrent to unnecessary ones and we are better able to cope through current ones. Thus more equipped to change our situation. Not to mention open doors of opportunity. And that's just part of the magic.

The morning of the day I am writing this, as I stood in my kitchen making a cup of coffee, I was looking at one of my favourite mugs while contemplating whether I should give the daily prompts for May a title. Then it happened. Lol, this is both cheesy but good. On my mug it says "Make Your Own Magic". Well you can guess what happened next by the main image of this post. MAYke Your Own Magic was born. It absolutely fit the theme for me personally! 

So March Magic is still working it's magic! Even long after it ended. If you would like to take part, you can join the Dream Create Journal FB group HERE.


3 comments:

  1. Love this post Geraldine and love the name xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cheesy at all. Love the magic idea to gain better perspective. 🍭💜 Sorry about your neighbours. :(

    ReplyDelete

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...