Pages

Monday 23 December 2019

A Leap Into The Unknown To Find The Magic


Do you ever find yourself craving for something different? Everyone seems to be doing the same thing and no matter where you go to find inspiration it seems to be lacking.

This could be in all areas of life.

This year I have found myself in something of a paradox. I want to grow as an artist and as a person. I want to learn and express my truth in my art. But in order to do that I have to let go of everything I think I know. 

To create the new I have to uncreate the old.

To find what it is I'm looking for I have to leap into the unknown. 

This is all well and good, exciting even...but what about when you're in a position of inspiring others? What do you say or do? How do you let them know? 

"Oh hey, buckle up because I can't prepare you for what lies ahead. You're either going to love the ride or want to jump off part way."

Time To Trust My Higher Self


These past few months have mostly been about saying "No" and letting go. Stripping myself in the kindest way possible of people pleasing. It wasn't easy. People were offended and felt rejected. That was never my intention. My intention was to put myself first for a change.

Self-care quotes may be all the rage at the moment, but when it comes to truly implementing it in your own life, suddenly friends who are known to be riding that wave of posting positive quotes on all their social media, take offence to you actually taking it seriously for yourself.

Don't be put off. Keep going, the rewards to your inner life are extraordinary!


Leaping Into The Unknown!


I didn't realize it at the time but the landscape of my life was being cleared for something new. 

But now I was being prompted to do something even more uncomfortable...

Let go of all I thought I knew.

In art that means all those lessons you took part in online. The books you read, YouTube tutorials, etc. 

Come back to yourself as a child.

Start a fresh with a blank canvas.

Embrace scribbles, marks, chaos AND simplicity.


Something New


This is where new ideas are formed and birthed. 

I have had ideas for my videos specifically, but have always felt so overwhelmed. Both by perfectionism and people pleasing. With both those things out of the way and replaced with an attitude of experimentation and exploration, those ideas now have the space to develop and grow.

This is where you bring the new and exciting into the word.

This is what it means to create.

Often we copy....
               techniques....
                         Ideas.....
                                Styles....
                                      etc.....

We do this in our own way of course but there is always a sameness at the end of the day. That inspirational something. 

A uniqueness. 

Fresh from the source.

My word for 2020 is in fact three;

Year of Wonders.

It is my goal to leave the past behind and embrace wholeheartedly wonders for my life that I could not have discovered while trying to be someone I'm not. 

Only when you embrace your truth do you embrace the wonders that lie ahead for you. 

The magic really is in the unknown. But are you willing to embrace the unknown to find it?
     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...