Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

My Journey To A Magical Life - Part Three


Continued from Part Two. 

So, all hell broke loose.

A heatwave in the UK started. Neighbours ganged together. A massive fire started on the moors and we ended up with the smoke. Days after that, even closer to us, Winter Hill was set on fire. A hill very dear to my heart and iconic to my childhood. And a  hill that was to feature in my breakthrough. There we were, trapped in a nightmare, whilst being wedged between two massive raging moorland fires. I mean it really was quite surreal.

Something was happening. The appearance of those fires gave me a real sense that something in the unseen was going on. Add to that astronomically, we were having some unique things happen all in a short space of time. Change was definitely in the air. The best way I can describe it is I instinctively felt a shift of some kind was happening.

It was during this time, and will perhaps explain in part the feeling I had of a shifting, that I had a personal breakthrough. All these years I realised I was resisting everything. When you're resistant, you have hold of the thing you're resisting with your attention thus continually feeding it with your energy. Non-resistance is a letting go...it frees you and you become unstuck. It was such a strong revelation that I physically felt something lift.  

One night, things came to a climax. It's all a blur to me now. But I will do my best to explain..

Things weren't happening quick enough. Yes, the house was for sale but I couldn't wait for it to be sold to move house. With my husband working, I went for a long walk with my daughter. 

The very next day I came up with an idea that my husband called cuckoo. The summer holidays were approaching and I decided to look for work anywhere that came with free accommodation. I would then bring my youngest with me. He went along with it for a few minutes but eventually found ourselves looking at houses to rent. Feeling hopeless I decided to buy a tent.

Yep...a tent.

Now we can laugh at this, but I was desperate. My husband then said he'd rather buy a caravan. (And he thought my last idea was cuckoo!) We pulled up and looked at our options. 

Then it happened. The proverbial red herring!

Sometimes I think we're offered solutions which are clearly wrong, but in our desperation we may actually take, thus sabotaging everything. Almost like a test right before our breakthrough. Well anyway, such a solution came up. Immediately I knew we couldn't ever take it. But knowing it was there gave ever such a subtle sense of relief. 

With that out of the way, and the caravan idea a no go, I was back to tent hunting. That came to an abrupt end when we found our local sites were either booked or only accepted caravans. 

This was the turning point. 

We went back to looking at properties to rent and decided to rent something immediately rather than wait for the house to sell. It was happening....finally. We looked set to be getting out of here soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Synchronicities - How Do I Know If I’m on the Right Path?

If you have questions about the direction of your life and synchronicities, you're in the right place. In fact you could count bein...